FAQs about Price Change for swbell.net customers
1. When will current Internet Dial up Members be affected by the price change?
Current Internet Dial up Members will see the increase on their March 2002 bill. Members who signed up for a term or commitment plan will see the increase on the first bill after the end of their term or commitment.
2. Who is impacted by this price change?
Most current SBC Internet Service's dial-up customers who have email addresses using the swbell.net domain will be affected by this price change.
3. I'm in a commitment plan or pre-paid term plan that commits me to a certain number of months of Membership. Will my price change?
Your price will not change while you are active in your current plan. If you are in a plan that commits you to a certain rate for a certain number of months, your monthly rate will change at the end of that commitment period. If you are in a pre-paid plan, your twelve-month renewal price at the end of that term will reflect the then-current pre-paid plan price.
4. I'm on a low-usage or limited-usage plan. Will my price change?
If you are subscribed to a low-usage plan, which includes 10 hours of monthly Internet, your monthly rate will not change.
5. How does the new Internet Dial up service price compare with the price of other ISPs?
The new price is competitive with, and in many cases lower than, other national Internet service provider offers.
6. Can I cancel my service without penalty?
If you are in a pre-paid term plan or in a plan that commits you to a certain monthly rate for a certain number of months, you may incur an early termination fee should you decide to cancel before your plan ends. Please review the terms of your agreement.
7. Can I upgrade to DSL Internet service now? How much is this service?
Internet Dial up Members can upgrade to DSL Internet service at any time, assuming DSL Internet service is available in your area. To find out more about DSL service in your area, click here. Currently, Basic DSL Internet service from SBC Internet Services is $49.95 per month, plus equipment and, in some cases, installation charges.
8. I am already paying $21.95. Will my price go up?
No. If you are already paying $21.95 per month, your price will not go up. The maximum price for our Internet service will be $21.95 per month.
9. I have DSL Internet service. Will my price plan be affected by this price increase?
No. This price increase is for Members who have Internet Dial up service only.
10. I have more questions about the price change. Who can I call?
Please call 1-800-NET-HELP (1-800-638-4357), or e-mail using our Technical Support Form for questions regarding this change.